For the last 5 years I’ve tried to write down a list of goals for the coming year: sometimes I achieved a lot, sometimes I failed. Last year I was not able to achieve a lot from my previous list.
My life changed a lot and I spent a lot of both physical and mental energy in the process: I spent 2 years working during the day, studying in the evening, traveling back to Rome to keep alive the relationship with my girlfriend and trying to keep in touch regurarly with relatives and friends.
I left my home country with some ideas about life, relations, way of living and most of them are now completely different. I feel different, more aware of the world I live in.
Leaving alone changes you, living abroad changes you even more.
At the beginning of this year it was time to start again with fresh energy: unfortunately, it didn’t went as expected.
I had/have some small health trouble, blocking me from running or playing football – which I love; a close friend passed away, after a fight against a cancer; I had some personal problems with relatives; a new and completely different situation at work, draining my mental energy.
I felt completely empty once back home in the evening.
I started to think about my life, my work, my present and my future: which goal can help me improving my life? I try to focus on the small goals, the one you can achieve daily with minimal effort.
I hope you can find some idea for your own list 😊.
- ☎️ Call frequently your relatives
- 📱 Call frequently your friends
- 🇳🇱 Learn Dutch
- 🌎 Travel frequently, even just for a day in a different city
- 📝 1 minute rule: if you can do that in less than 1 minute, do it!
- 🏡 Keep the house clean
- 💰 Invest the money properly
- 👔 Get good quality clothes
- ☺️ Get good picture of myself
- 🍺 Less beers
- 🍗 Less meat
- 🍟 No junk food
- 🍫 Reduce sugar consumption
- 💪🏻 Training at least 2 times a week
- 👟 Going to run in the weekend
- 🤖 Start to do some Android work and – hopefully – study Kotlin
- 📑 Write down some articles in the blog, at least twice a month
- 💼 Take the Scrum Master certification
- ☀️ Come early / leave early